Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I MUST BE GONE!


When all the earthly lights are turned off
When the sun is darken
And the moon refuses to shine
The effects of the stars go unnoticed
All the visible suddenly become invisible
The hustling and bustling ceases
All that my hands held on to in great might
I suddenly lose grip of, I let go.

All the physical become unreal
My heart begins a quest for the real
Longing for substance in place of vanities
When everything on earth becomes so dim

Then the light of eternity will be turned on
Then I will see my Master, Saviour and Friend
I will know Him just as I am known by Him
When He shall appear I shall see Him just as He is
I shall not be prevented
Nothing shall prevent the eternal cravings of my heart.

But this mortality must first put on immortality
And the corruptible incorruptible
This is the ultimate transition
But I must be gone.

Composed by David C. Okoye – April 17, 2012.

[This piece is dedicated to the blessed and loving memory of my Mother (Rev. Mrs. Josephine C. Okoye) who went to be with the Lord on Easter Monday, April 9, 2012].

The ultimate in life is seeing Jesus face to face, looking into His glorious face and just hearing Him say “well done.” I look forward to that day. Jesus says in John 9:4 “I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.” Friend, the night is at hand. This is the time to work tirelessly to ensure that you finish well and that you are not taken unaware. Time is running out, what we do we must do quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment