Saturday, January 16, 2010

GOD’S REDEMPTIVE NAMES


In the Old Covenant, God revealed Himself to His covenant people through Seven Names which showed what was to be the content of the Redemptive work. They are as follows:

1. Jehovah Tsidkenu – The Lord my Righteousness
“In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell safely; Now this is His name by which He will be called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.” (Jeremiah 23:6, NKJV).

2. Jehovah Shammah – The Lord is present with me
"All the way around shall be eighteen thousand cubits; and the name of the city from that day shall be: THE LORD IS THERE." (Ezekiel 48:35, NKJV).

3. Jehovah Raah (or Rohi) – The Lord my Shepherd
“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.” (Psalm 23:1, NKJV).

4. Jehovah Rapha – The Lord my Healer
“and said, "If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the LORD who heals you." (Exodus 15:26, NKJV).

5. Jehovah Jireh – The Lord my Source or Provider
“And Abraham called the name of the place, The-LORD-Will-Provide; as it is said to this day, "In the Mount of The LORD it shall be provided." (Genesis 22:14, NKJV).

6. Jehovah Shallom – The Lord my Peace
“So Gideon built an altar there to the LORD, and called it The-LORD-Is -Peace. To this day it is still in Ophrah of the Abiezrites.” (Judges 6:20-24, NKJV).

7. Jehovah Nissi – The Lord my Banner (Victory)
“But the midwives feared God, and did not do as the king of Egypt commanded them, but saved the male children alive.” (Exodus 17:15, NKJV).

He revealed Himself in parts then but today we have His complete revelation in Jesus Christ. If you are born again, these blessings belong to you In Christ. When any child of God awakens to the realities of these Names, he suddenly finds Himself walking in God’s fullness – His Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment